Monday, May 01, 2006

Today is May 1st. I have a mere seven weeks left in Korea. I have very mixed feelings about leaving here for good. When I first left here to return home last year, I was ecstatic. I could not hide the happiness and excitement I had for getting home and settling back into the comfortable western lifestyle. However, this contract has proven very different. I have more than enjoyed my time here. I have loved the school, loved being so near Ian and loved my neighbourhood. There have of course being ups and downs, but the ups have outweighed the downs.

I am not sure what to expect when I set foot on Irish soil and I am not sure how I will react to understanding everyone around me, not being pushed, not being yelled at in Korean and not undergoing a major struggle just to complete the simplest of activities.

Maybe it will be fun to be back.....

No comments: