Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Looks like I will be particpating in the process that built the Americas. Immigration. After much thinking, discussing, and attempts at getting my head around the Canadian Immigration method, I feel that it is more advantageous to get my hands on a residency card, as I will be afforded far more opportunities in Canadia with permanent status. It is a long process involving a large chunk of my bank account, a medical from some Canadian approved Irish doctor and a thorough police check into my background. How delightful. I will be starting the process towards the end of September once I am back in Ireland, and will stay in Ireland, until I have been approved. It throws a rather large dent in the plans that Ian and I had, but it is the best in the long run.

So with that in mind I shall dedicate myself to enjoying my time here in Canada. Not that I haven't been doing that already, what with the lakes, the zoo, the barbeques and the parfait I found at a local store, which may result in me paying for excess personal weight on my flight to Ireland. Of course I have managed to justify my consumption of said parfait by "jogging" to the store...... not that I can see any immediate results.

No comments: