Monday, May 28, 2007

Summer Rubbish

Since the start of May I have seen the following movies-

Blades of Glory -perhaps if I was a hormonal 12 year old I might have laughed
Spiderman 3 -they went OTT with the black eyeliner and failed rockstar look
Shrek 3 -seems the scriptwriters have forgotten what "funny" means
Pirates of the Caribbean 3 -Oh my god. I cannot believe the script was allowed outside the studio

Not one of the above godforsaken attempts from the film industry comes close to defining entertainment. Don't bother wasting your money. Paint your wall and watch it dry instead. Perhaps cut your toe nails. Maybe even clean the hair from under your bed.
To add insult to injury we were charged an extra $2 to see the Pirates of the Caribbean as it was, apparently, in High Definition.

Spare me.

2 comments:

KneuroKnut said...

Haven't seen any of the sequels yet and will NEVER see Spiderman but I loved Blades of Glory! Are you nuts? How could you not find that funny? It was stupid I'll admit but...funny-stupid. And I usually hate those kinds of movies.

Eileen said...

You know the way "Anchorman", "Old School" and "Talladega Nights" were laugh out loud? I just didn't get that from "Blades of Glory". It was funny in places, but I felt that half way through the film, they just gave up on any attempt at humour and hoped acting the idiot would get them to the end.