Friday, June 08, 2007

Head High!

Last night Ian and I went for a few drinks with some people from his college course. One guy had his girlfriend with him, both of whom were eager to hear about my experiences in Canada and comparisons with Ireland. The following discussion ensued,

Girl It must be great in bars with your accent!

Me Huh?

Girl Lots of guys must chat you up because of your Irish accent. A friend has arrived from England and everytime we are out with her, guys line up to talk with her and get her number

Me That has never happened to me

Girl Oh..............................

Well, I felt great last night.

Egoboostastic.

5 comments:

Jenny said...

Maybe the men haven't been chatting you up because of Ian.

Jenny said...

But I agree - men do go for the accent!

Eileen said...

I think you are right. I will have to ditch Ian for a trial run in a bar. I'll keep you posted!

Jenny said...

LOL - yes, you must ditch him, but purely as an "experiment."

BTW, I just noticed on the side that you post a pic of Tigi's Self Absorbed shampoo. I LOVE that shampoo! I'm currently out and using some Herbal Essences and I can tell a difference in my hair.

Eileen said...

Hurrah! Someone else who appreciates the genius that is Tigi Sef Absorbed! I was using Herbal Essences for a week and had to give up as I was noticing huge differences in the quality of my hair.