Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Winter... brr.

So here are a few pictures to prove how delightful Canada is in Winter. These were taken after a few hours of snow, a night of freezing rain, a freeze, a little more snow and then a giant dump of snow. It looks very very pretty, but dear Lord in Heaven, it is hell to walk on. Hence the giant black boots. They are my snow boots and the most cherished item I will possess this Winter. No one is coming between me and them. I went for a trample in the snow to test how waterproof they are, and the verdict is "Success". I would take a few more pictures but the locals are giving me weird looks as it is. Obviously they haven't met someone that is in complete and utter awe of snow. Once the snow plough guy and his salting mate get here I'll get a few pictures of them. It's fun watching them plough the drive like possessed demons, oblivious to the giant kerb they are about to run into and watch their little heads wobble like Bobble Head Men on impact. It doesn't deter them.. it's as if the kerb is a mountain they have to scale.

The photos I have provided aren't very clear... it's frickin' freezing outside. Be grateful for what I managed to achieve.


Below is the view from the balcony


And another..can you see the reindeer on the 'lawn'?!

Mighty Boots.

Purty.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ooooooooooooooooh I like the boots!

Eileen said...

Yeah, not bad for snow boots. It took weeks of looking before I finally found an acceptable pair. I refused to look like a farmer off hunting for a missing sow in ridiculous amounts of snow. They also cost a fortune... what a winter racket.