Monday, July 14, 2008

Mamma Mia

Ohmygodohmygodohmygod.

I think I might pee my pants. Mamma Mia is in glorious technicolour with Meryl Streep and Pierce Brosnan! Who knows if they can sing? Who cares? I shall sing for them until cinema security threatens me!

This is my internal jukebox on the big screen. I am forever humming something from Gold, interspersed with my own personal take on the lyrics. I love Abba. A Christmas party is not complete without a rousing rendition of 'Waterloo', 'Knowing me Knowing You' remains one of my all time favourite songs and who can forget student clubs playing "Gimme Gimme...A Man After Midnight", ( a particular favourite of the single ladies, with the lyrics roared into the ear of any unfortunate young man that happened to get in their line of vision).

A house party was not a house party without someone distracting the music junkie away from the cd player which was invariably playing some coma inducing Bob Dylan, ( yeah yeah I know, I don't appreciate 'music'), throwing said Dylan CD out the window and replacing with Abba Gold! A random punter was placed on sentry duty only allowing women covered in glitter and feathers or a fabulously gay friend to press the 'Play all' and 'Repeat' buttons.

Magic!!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I shall ignore the anti-dylan comments since there is a picture including me on your blog. Fame at last! I have been posted in glorious, if silly, technicolour.

I read your blog entry about the Americans jogging. I'm seething. Three idiots taking up the entire path get out of the way for the person running alone. Basic footpath etiquette. Grrrrrrr.

Eileen said...

Maebh, you know my feelings on Dylan.... and they are not good!