Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Yawn........

Nothing, and I mean nothing, of any significance has happened over the last week. The high point has been buying some shower gel called "Cocoa" and discovering that it actually does smell of chocolate.


Depressing really.

Although on Saturday I did go to a board game cafe with Ian and some friends where my ass was whopped by Ian at Connect 4. Mind you I got excited to the point of hyperventilation when I found out the cafe had Connect 4. I also had myself convinced that I could thrash Ian, but failed to realise that consistently beating your brother at Connect 4 when you were 6 and he was 4 does NOT ensure global Connect 4 domination. On the same night I got to meet up with an old friend from Daegu who is now in Seoul having spent some inbetween time in Prague and Bangkok. And what stories he had about Bangkok. Don't think I want to go there now. I could tell you what they are, but lord that would involve having to type more. So enough of that.

Chusok is approaching ( Korean Thanksgiving... although they conduct memorials to their ancestors than actual thanking the giving...i have myself confused. Just accept that it is Thanksgiving). I have a number of days off and so Ian, Maebh , Nev and a few more (along with me) are going to a lake area near Seoul, just to hang out and recharge our batteries. There are mountains there, but I am determined to appreciate them from a sitting position as opposed to actually murdering myself by going up one.



Disneyland Hong Kong has opened, Sign me up for a weekend there. However, take a look at their website and you will be delighted to see that you can have your wedding there. I think this place has outdone Vegas for cheesiest wedding destination. Mickey Mouse as best man, Minnie as maid of honour and Donald Duck as the priest......

No comments: