Monday, July 03, 2006

And so it is all over.

My Korean experience, which was to last twelve months and not three years, is complete. I leave tomorrow for Hong Kong, then to London and then Dublin. I will stay in Ireland for a brief time and then onto Canada to be with Ian.

It feels so very strange to think that I may never see Daegu, my school or people I have met here again. I can't even put into words the feelings I have about leaving here. I presume that I will be a little emotional when the plane takes off from Seoul, but I do hope one day I will be able to return to the place that gave me so much.

O f course once I get to Limerick I will have been travelling non stop for 36 hours, if not more, so the only emotion that will be going around my head will be the love for my bed.

2 comments:

KneuroKnut said...

I know it's sad to be leaving Korea, but...YAY! You're moving to Canada!! How cool is that? Brian and I will definitely have to make it out to Ontario to see you. Or, you guys are of course more than welcome to come and see us in cowboy country. :-) Have a safe trip!

Corie said...

Hey Eileen,

Glad to hear that you got back to Korea in one piece instead of succumbing to the traffic in Hanoi! Hope you made it back home successfully, as I have. Leaving Korea was so weird-- I still can't quite come to terms with the idea that I may never go back. We'll have to do an Andover reunion someday, since you'll be in the same country soon!