Sunday, July 17, 2005

Today saw me achieving nothing other than sleep in far too late, watch tv and, very much against my will, shower. However, Jamie Olivier's School Dinners show is now on Korean tv. I had forgotten how hilarious and annoying the head dinner lady is. The poor lad was trying to creat healthy dinners for 37p. He should have attended my secondary school and taken Home Economics. I was forced to do the class for three years and how I hated every second of it. I am very undomesticated and so viewed Home Economics as an enormous waste of my time.The Irish Education Board failed to agree with me. Every Thursday we had to cook some course assigned meal...all of which I would burn, destroy or reduce to barely palatable messes. Prior to cooking we had to determine the cost of the meal-to-be. We had to factor in ingredients, electricity, gas and something else that must have been unimportant for me to forget. Back in 1995 we were able to churn out a healthy meal( according to the teacher....) for 25p per portion. I think Jamie would have learned a great amount from this class and perhaps, had I paid attention, I too could have achieved international Naked Chef fame and fortune.

Instead I have to haul ass to work tomorrow and I am so reluctant to go. I teach two preschool classes in the morning- the first class is reasonably intelligent, but the second class consists of four boys all aged four. So essentially all I am doing is babysitting a bunch of kids in a language they really do not understand. I think tomorrow is designated colouring day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How's Jack?
Do you miss him?
Woooooooooo